Duck Tales

A+Waddle+Through+Time+exhibit+at+Centennial+Museum+and+Chihuahuan+Desert+Gardens+open+from+Jan+27+through+July+27%2C+2024.+
SalmaPaola Baca
A Waddle Through Time exhibit at Centennial Museum and Chihuahuan Desert Gardens open from Jan 27 through July 27, 2024.

A Waddle Through Time: Ducks, People, and the Conservation Odyssey. With backyard ponds and childhood rhymes, ducks remain a beloved and memorable animal in humans’ lives. Embedded in feathers, woven into history and spread across continents, it is a story that connects people and cultures throughout time. Paddling through human history and shaping our world, ducks have existed since ancient feasts or as victims of “murderous millinery” in the early 19th century. UTEP’s Department of Biological Sciences presents “A Waddle Through Time: Ducks, People, and the Conversation Odyssey,”  highlighting the efforts of Philip Lavretsky, Ph.D. This exhibit acts as an effort to celebrate their ability to adapt to a changing environment, as well as testament to human ingenuity in safeguarding them and a call to action to preserve their continued existence. 

SalmaPaola Baca is a staff photographer and may be reached at [email protected].