Longtime UTEP staff members appointed to new executive positions

The+UTEP+community+has+welcomed+senior+staff+members+Dr.+Catie+McCorry-Andalis+and+Dr.+Amanda+Vasquez-Vicario+to+executive+leadership+positions.++Photo+courtesy+of+UTEP+Newsfeed%2FPress+releases++
The UTEP community has welcomed senior staff members Dr. Catie McCorry-Andalis and Dr. Amanda Vasquez-Vicario to executive leadership positions. Photo courtesy of UTEP Newsfeed/Press releases

The UTEP community has welcomed senior staff members Dr. Catie McCorry-Andalis and Dr. Amanda Vasquez-Vicario to executive leadership positions. Thursday, June 22, UTEP announced Andalis would take over as the new Vice President for Student Affairs along with Vicario being named the new Vice President for Enrollment Management.  

Both having shown impressive campus leadership with high track records, Dr. Andalis and Dr. Vicario are highly regarded in their respective fields and are both UTEP alumnae.   

Working at UTEP for 18 years, Andalis was the associate vice president and dean of students since 2011. Her strong work ethic has helped set up the food pantry, emergency fund, and UTEP’s Office of Student Fellowships and Awards.  

In a UTEP press release about the announcement, Andalis shared her thoughts about this promotion and what she hopes to accomplish.   

“The growth that happens through the experiences outside the classroom is an important part of a student’s college life,” Andalis said. “I look forward to growing our success and preparing our students for the 21st century.”   

Gary Edens, who will be stepping down July 31, has held the position for 12 years. Edens plans to stay at UTEP as he transitions into a teaching position at the College of Education. 

The two new leaders will step into their new positions Aug. 1 as they hope to improve and grow the success of UTEP and its students.

Erik Acosta is the web and copy editor and may be reached at [email protected]