ICYMI: Chris Stapleton in the Sun City

Gianluca Cuevas
Stapleton looks towards the crowd and shares a smile with his fans.

Chris Stapleton kicked off his 2023 “All American Tour” March 16 and shortly made his way to El Paso to perform his fourth show off the tour, April 26. The El Paso show is said to have sold out in minutes with ticket resale prices reaching as high as $300. Stapleton performed what could be described as a magical night for fans at the Don Haskins Center in front of a full arena. He had special guests and opening acts with him that night who were Margo Price and Nikki Lane. Stapleton had the El Paso crowd singing along from the first song he opened with, “Nobody to Blame,” until his most popular closing song “Tennessee Whiskey.” Fans sang their hearts out as they did not want the night to end. Stapleton closed out his show with an encore of “Outlaw State of Mind.”  

Stapleton is a widely known country artist who was born in Lexington, Ky. He moved to Nashville, Tenn. as he pursued his music career. In 2013 he signed to Mercury Nashville and released his first solo single “What Are You Listening To?” in October 2013. However, he did not reach stardom overnight. In 2016, his album “Traveller,” which was released in 2015, earned Stapleton his flowers. He won Grammy Award-Winning debut album and picked up accolades for the Best Country Album all while the title track also received a trophy for Best Country Solo Performance. Stapleton’s most popular song is “Tennessee Whiskey,” along with other popular hits such as “Broken Halos,” “You Should Probably Leave,” “Whiskey and You” and “Starting Over.” Christ Stapleton has a total of four studio albums with his latest being released in 2020 titled “Starting Over.” 

Gianluca Cuevas a contributor and may be reached at [email protected]