Music coming to the Sun City

Milky+Chance%2C+a+German+folk%2Frock+band%2C+will+be+performing+at+the+Abraham+Chavez+Theatre+July+31.+Photo+courtesy+of+Wikipedia+Commons+
Michael Dornbierer
Milky Chance, a German folk/rock band, will be performing at the Abraham Chavez Theatre July 31. Photo courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

When artists come to El Paso to perform it allows them to reach a larger audience since the city is located on the U.S. border and is accessible to more people. 

El Paso is home to many communities and there is a lot of diversity when it comes to music genre preferences, such as country, urban and pop.  

Siddhartha, a Mexican musician, singer, songwriter and producer will be the first artist to perform in the month of June. His concert will take place June 11 at the Lowbrow Palace. Following up, CNCO, a Latin American reggaeton musical group formed in Miami, will be performing at the Abraham Chavez Theatre June 17. Frankie Valli & The 4 Seasons will also be having a concert in June.  

Santa Fe Klan, a Mexican rapper, singer, and composer, will perform July 27 at the El Paso County Coliseum. This artist incorporates genres such as cumbia and Mexican rap into his musical production. Lastly, Milky Chance, a German folk/rock band, will be performing at the Abraham Chavez Theatre July 31. 

Two big concerts will take place in August at the Sun Bowl Stadium; one Aug.18 and the other Aug. 25. First is a rock concert headed by Def Leppard and Mötley Crüe with Alice Cooper as special guest. Second, RBD, the popular Mexican band announced its comeback. After many years of waiting, RBD fans are pleased to say they are going to see their favorite band live on stage.  

The Don Haskins Center will be hosting two Mexican artists in September. Marco Antonio Solis, also known as “El Buki,” is coming to El Paso Sept. 9 to perform hits songs such as “Si No Te Hubieras Ido,” and “¿A Dónde Vamos A Parar?” In late September, a very well-known regional Mexican singer, Alejandro Fernández will take the stage and sing some of his hits like “Me Dediqué a Perderte” and “Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti.”

Carlos Rivera, who sang “Recuérdame” for the famous Pixar movie “Coco,” is performing Oct. 13 at the El Paso County Coliseum. At the same venue, a group from McAllen, Texas called Grupo Frontera is giving a show Oct. 27. 

The last concert booked in the Sun City this year is Nov. 4 carried out by a Northern band, Intocable. This band originates from Zapata, Texas and the show will take place at The Plaza Theatre.   

Angelica Gutierrez is a contributor and may be reached at [email protected]