Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ cast members teach local children how to stay healthy

Ben+Lipitz+%28Pumbaa%29+and+Shacura+Wade%28Ensemble%29+taught+the+kids+how+to+dance+a+sequence+inspired+by+the+Lion+Kings%27+musical+number%2C+%22He+Lives+in+You%2C%22+on+Wednesday%2C+June+6+at+the+Stayton+Theatre.+
Ben Lipitz (Pumbaa) and Shacura Wade(Ensemble) taught the kids how to dance a sequence inspired by the Lion Kings' musical number,

Ben Lipitz (Pumbaa) and Shacura Wade(Ensemble) taught the kids how to dance a sequence inspired by the Lion Kings' musical number, "He Lives in You," on Wednesday, June 6 at the Stayton Theatre.

Elenie Gonzalez, Web Editor

Cast members of the hit Broadway show Disney’s “The Lion King” held a special wellness workshop for children of military families at the Stayton Theater in Ft. Bliss military base on Wednesday, June 6.

The show, which is currently touring in El Paso, brought out two of its cast members to Ft. Bliss to share their talents through Get Up and Go, a program in support of Disney’s Healthy Living Commitment, which partners with parents and inspires kids and families to lead healthier lifestyles.

Ben Lipitz, who plays the lovable warthog Pumbaa, and Shacura Wade, who sings and dances as part of the ensemble, led a 45-minute workshop teaching kids how to properly warm up and stretch. They also taught choreography from “He Lives in You,” a production number to introduce the participants to the language and cultural background from the show.

“I think what ‘The Lion King’ offers that other shows don’t is the diversity of togetherness and how unity and love is the most important thing for the greater goal,” Wade said.

“The Lion King” runs at the Plaza Theater from now until Sunday, June 10. Tickets are still available online at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling the Plaza Theater Box Office at 915-231-1100.

Ben Lipitz (Pumbaa) and Shacura Wade(Ensemble) held a Q&A for the kids before the wellness workshop on Wednesday, June 6 at the Stayton Theatre.

• Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ cast members teach local children how to stay healthy

Nishi Ramen: a balance between Japanese and Mexican cuisine

Special Collections Presents Carrillo in Color

Five of the best seasonal beers to try this fall

Chalk the Block hits Downtown El Paso for 11th year

Shawn Mendes packs Don Haskins Center on Saturday

ACL Weekend Two: Day Two Recap

ACL Weekend Two: Day One Recap

Dockless electric scooters make their way to El Paso

StreetFest 2018 rocks Downtown El Paso