Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ cast members teach local children how to stay healthy

Ben+Lipitz+%28Pumbaa%29+and+Shacura+Wade%28Ensemble%29+taught+the+kids+how+to+dance+a+sequence+inspired+by+the+Lion+Kings%27+musical+number%2C+%22He+Lives+in+You%2C%22+on+Wednesday%2C+June+6+at+the+Stayton+Theatre.+

Ben Lipitz (Pumbaa) and Shacura Wade(Ensemble) taught the kids how to dance a sequence inspired by the Lion Kings' musical number,

Ben Lipitz (Pumbaa) and Shacura Wade(Ensemble) taught the kids how to dance a sequence inspired by the Lion Kings' musical number, "He Lives in You," on Wednesday, June 6 at the Stayton Theatre.

Elenie Gonzalez, Web Editor

Cast members of the hit Broadway show Disney’s “The Lion King” held a special wellness workshop for children of military families at the Stayton Theater in Ft. Bliss military base on Wednesday, June 6.

The show, which is currently touring in El Paso, brought out two of its cast members to Ft. Bliss to share their talents through Get Up and Go, a program in support of Disney’s Healthy Living Commitment, which partners with parents and inspires kids and families to lead healthier lifestyles.

Ben Lipitz, who plays the lovable warthog Pumbaa, and Shacura Wade, who sings and dances as part of the ensemble, led a 45-minute workshop teaching kids how to properly warm up and stretch. They also taught choreography from “He Lives in You,” a production number to introduce the participants to the language and cultural background from the show.

“I think what ‘The Lion King’ offers that other shows don’t is the diversity of togetherness and how unity and love is the most important thing for the greater goal,” Wade said.

“The Lion King” runs at the Plaza Theater from now until Sunday, June 10. Tickets are still available online at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling the Plaza Theater Box Office at 915-231-1100.

• Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ cast members teach local children how to stay healthy

iFLY prepares to make El Paso fly

Latina Arte Exhibition set to take place at the Hal Marcus Gallery

‘The House that Martha Built’ a final show by UTEP senior Katie Harding

Aguirre completes solo exhibition

Senior receives Templeton Endowment

El Paso Pro-Musica: A fuse of education and world-renowned performance

UTEP Department of Theatre and Dance presents “A Christmas Carol, en la Frontera”

The Magic of ‘The Nutcracker’ comes to El Paso

UTEP Choir ‘revels’ with holiday concerts

El Paso WinterFest returns to the borderland