Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ cast members teach local children how to stay healthy

Ben+Lipitz+%28Pumbaa%29+and+Shacura+Wade%28Ensemble%29+taught+the+kids+how+to+dance+a+sequence+inspired+by+the+Lion+Kings%27+musical+number%2C+%22He+Lives+in+You%2C%22+on+Wednesday%2C+June+6+at+the+Stayton+Theatre.+
Ben Lipitz (Pumbaa) and Shacura Wade(Ensemble) taught the kids how to dance a sequence inspired by the Lion Kings' musical number,

Ben Lipitz (Pumbaa) and Shacura Wade(Ensemble) taught the kids how to dance a sequence inspired by the Lion Kings' musical number, "He Lives in You," on Wednesday, June 6 at the Stayton Theatre.

Elenie Gonzalez, Web Editor

Cast members of the hit Broadway show Disney’s “The Lion King” held a special wellness workshop for children of military families at the Stayton Theater in Ft. Bliss military base on Wednesday, June 6.

The show, which is currently touring in El Paso, brought out two of its cast members to Ft. Bliss to share their talents through Get Up and Go, a program in support of Disney’s Healthy Living Commitment, which partners with parents and inspires kids and families to lead healthier lifestyles.

Ben Lipitz, who plays the lovable warthog Pumbaa, and Shacura Wade, who sings and dances as part of the ensemble, led a 45-minute workshop teaching kids how to properly warm up and stretch. They also taught choreography from “He Lives in You,” a production number to introduce the participants to the language and cultural background from the show.

“I think what ‘The Lion King’ offers that other shows don’t is the diversity of togetherness and how unity and love is the most important thing for the greater goal,” Wade said.

“The Lion King” runs at the Plaza Theater from now until Sunday, June 10. Tickets are still available online at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling the Plaza Theater Box Office at 915-231-1100.

Ben Lipitz (Pumbaa) and Shacura Wade(Ensemble) held a Q&A for the kids before the wellness workshop on Wednesday, June 6 at the Stayton Theatre.

• Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ cast members teach local children how to stay healthy

Annual Plaza Classic Film Festival kicks off in August

Viejo Coffee:  a new way to drink iced coffee.

Alfredo Corchado sheds light on life as a migrant and journalist in ‘Homelands’

Chicano Batman entertains crowd at Cohen Stadium

‘South Pacific’ should resonate today

Fourth of July fireworks shows

El Pasoans enjoy of the Ice Cream Festival 2018

Khalid sells out two hometown shows in minutes

Locals Week showcases regional talent

Rising rap star Russ to take the stage in El Paso