Clear the runway for Hex by Lex’s new fashion wave

The+mastermind+behind+the+exotic+clothing%3B+designer+and+owner+of+Hex+by+Lex%2C+Alexis+Simone.++
Dominique Macias
The mastermind behind the exotic clothing; designer and owner of Hex by Lex, Alexis Simone.

From blasting bumping tunes to flashing strobing lights, unique fashion is back in the Borderland and is here to stay. As El Paso lives through another long winter Alexis Lopez, owner of fashion brand Hex by Lex, gives the city a splash of summer with her latest spring/summer 2024 collection.   

Head designer Lopez hosted her “Alchemy” fashion show Jan. 26 and shared stunning outfits for locals to see. The show comprised of numerous looks from short skirts to jaw-dropping gowns and heels. Ornate details are not only found in Lopez’s clothing but also embedded in the models’ nail art, also done by Lopez.    

Lopez has had her empire for around three years and her craft only continues to flourish, expanding her horizons with every clothing item she creates.   

“It is honestly insane I have this many supporters behind me because I started publicizing myself about a year ago and there has been constant support,” Lopez said. “It’s amazing.”   

Lopez shares that when she first announced the show via Instagram, seating was sold out the same day.   

The designer speaks about how her inspiration is derived from scoping what is around her and putting her own twist on it, making it her unique vision.   

“I kind of pick and choose, walking around in my daily life just seeing random stuff that will inspire me,” Lopez said. “Inspiration always sparks at random times.”   

Lopez’s empire also includes a team of hairstylists and make-up artists (MUAs) that all contributed to the fashion show. MUA Maliah Armendariz shares how she felt working makeup for such an extravagant event.   

“In all honesty, I am very proud of our team, I am very proud of myself,” Armendariz said. “This was beyond my expectations. I’m speechless.”  

As the hour struck for models to begin walking down the runway, each look was served with individuality and extravagance. Runway model Maya Young shares how she felt strutting down the runway and being a face for Hex by Lex.  

“It felt amazing,” Young said. “It felt so powerful walking down and having everyone watch me, being able to display some amazing work, it was phenomenal. I am so honored. Lex is one of the best seamstresses I know here in El Paso. The entire line of clothing she does is so impressive, her work speaks for itself, so I am so honored to be wearing it.”   

The night ended with smiles on every attendee’s face after being graced by fascinating outfits all created by the fashion mastermind, “Lex.” Lopez shared that she hopes to see more support from the community as her business grows.   

The spring/summer 2024 collection brings a new form of power when it comes to clothing, it is bold and unique. With the upcoming sunny season approaching, it brings the perfect opportunity to bring in new, brighter pieces and ditch the old wintery ones. Clothing can be used to express oneself in various ways, and everyone has their own style, but for those who are trying to switch up their wardrobe, Lopez shares some advice.   

“If you feel good in it, it doesn’t matter what anybody else thinks,” Lopez said. “If you aren’t serving looks, you aren’t doing it right.”  

Hex by Lex is not losing its groove and continues to prosper with only more creative and bold pieces to come. To order any of these special pieces, contact Lopez on Instagram @hexbylex.