Former UTEP Men’s Golf Head Coach recognized for 2023 GCAA Hall of Fame Class

Former+UTEP+men%E2%80%99s+golf+head+coach%2C+Marlin+%E2%80%9CCricket%E2%80%9D+Musch+has+been+selected+for+the+2023+Golf+Coaches+Association+of+America+Hall+of+Fame+Class.+Photo+courtesy+of+UTEP+Athletics++
Former UTEP men’s golf head coach, Marlin “Cricket” Musch has been selected for the 2023 Golf Coaches Association of America Hall of Fame Class. Photo courtesy of UTEP Athletics

Former UTEP men’s golf head coach, Marlin “Cricket” Musch has been selected for the 2023 Golf Coaches Association of America Hall of Fame Class.  

Musch was the head coach (1981-1988), where he started the UTEP varsity program.  

He started his 30-year career in golf as executive director of the Sun Bowl and the El Paso Sun Carnival Association. Walking into the Hall of Fame with a slew of accolades, he spent over 10 years at PING Golf as their director of College and Amateur Player Development (1992-1998). Musch also served as the Director of Business Development at Gaylord Sports Management in Scottsdale, Ariz., where he directed and managed collegiate athletics. He spent 15 plus years serving Nike as their Golf Sports Marketing Director of College and Amateur Development, and most recently a consultant for Nike Golf Sports Marketing. The Hall of Fame nomination doesn’t come as a surprise to many who know Musch and the many successes throughout his life. 

Musch, alongside others, will be officially inducted at the GCAA Hall of Fame Reception & Awards Dinner on Monday, Dec. 4 in Las Vegas.  

Iziah Moreno is a contributor/photographer and may be reached at [email protected]