Have a scary good time at the hacienda 915 Echoes of Horror

Spooky+pose+stuck+by+members+of+915+Echoes+of+Horror.+
Daniela Gonzalez Bustamante
Spooky pose stuck by members of 915 Echoes of Horror.

Step back in time and enter a world of spine-tingling suspense as the historic 1700s hacienda in Socorro, Texas, unveils its darkest secrets in a chilling new haunted house experience.  

The newest haunted house attraction, 915 Echoes of Horrors, makes waves in the El Paso horror scene with a new take on a haunted house and fright night experience.  

Bryan Rosas, creator of 915 Echoes of Horrors, is in his second year of creating new horror experiences with the help of his family and friends. Rosas and his team started preparing for their haunted house months in advance, dating back to June. He has always enjoyed putting on haunted houses for his family and friends and has worked for other haunted houses around the city which inspired him to create his own.  

“We’re a family-run haunted house, I have about 12 of my friends and family who are the actors,” Rosas said. “We’re one big haunt family and we provide a full experience to customers. Our haunted house isn’t just one long hallway where things are jumping out at you, we have different scenes, and we interact with the customers. We’re also the only haunted house in El Paso that has a venue.”  

The attraction has 5,000 square feet of artificial grass, allowing attendees who visit the location to explore the outdoor bars, food trucks and a 20 by 9-foot movie screen. Waiting to enter the haunted house, actors interact with customers to get their heartbeat pumping before the full-on 20-minute terrors.  

“It was awesome,” said haunted house attendee Astrid Cochran. “The setup of all the different rooms and the actors were great. There were lots of jump scares and some unexpected stuff I won’t spoil. I’m so happy we went tonight even though I screamed way too much and almost peed my pants.”  

Not only do the actors dress up as ghouls lurking in the shadows of the 1700s hacienda but actual ghosts reside there as well. Rosas talks about the ghostly experiences he and his workers have had at the historic hacienda.  

“It’s a beautiful hacienda, it was built in the 1700s,” Rosas said. “It’s got a lot of history; we’ve caught 3 or 4 ghosts on the security cameras. People who said they didn’t believe in ghosts, became believers at our haunted house. So, it’s a perfect place for what we do.”  

Rosas says visitors who come to his haunted house will experience an adrenaline rush and will be winded from running away from monsters. As customers enter, they will experience full on frightful and fun entertainment.   

“Personally, I think the best part of what we have is that we have a lot of actors with a lot of talent,” Rosas said. “A lot of them make their own costumes and do their own makeup. They are all really good at what they do. People like how we put on a whole production. We give visitors something to see, not just something to run from.”  

The haunted attraction is open from 8 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, from 8 p.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday and from 12 a.m. to noon then 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday. It is located at 10167 Socorro Rd at the Cultura District Event Center and tickets are sold on site for $25.   

Alyson Rodriguez is a contributor and may be reached at [email protected]; @alyson_rod1127 on X

View Comments (1)
Alyson Rodriguez
Alyson Rodriguez, Contributor/Writer

Alyson Rodriguez is a senior at the University of Texas at El Paso, currently majoring in multimedia journalism with a minor in leadership studies. She is a contributor at The Prospector. She joined The Prospector in the Fall of 2020 as a contributor for the Arts and Culture section and has now written articles for the sports and news section and has done podcast segments as well. After discovering her passion for journalism through The Prospector, Alyson has gone to intern at El Paso Matters, NPR Next Generation Texas Newsroom and the Texas Standard. 

Daniela Gonzalez Bustamante
Daniela Gonzalez Bustamante, Contributor/Photographer
Daniela Gonzalez Bustamante is a contributor/photographer for The Prospector. She is a freshman majoring in communications. She plans to work as a sport social media manager. She also has her small photography business Cre8tive.dani which she plans to continue to grow.