Pick up your pumpkins at Arturo Produce

Print issue Oct. 18 cover photo.

Located at 110 Canutillo-La Union Ave. in Canutillo, Texas is Arturo Produce, a business that specializes in different locally sourced foods like fruits and vegetables. However, for the spooky season, the owners pull out all the stops with their mini pumpkin patch.  

The whole spot is decorated with Halloween ornaments and prepared so that visitors can peruse the pumpkins while also being able to take pictures with the season-themed photo set-ups that were organized by the owner.  

The stand has been around since 2012 and sells many types of produce year-round. From big jars of its specialty local honey, to jerky, to Hatch green chile, Arturo Produce has something in store for everyone. However, in the fall, the pumpkin patch is a big hit. 

“The kids enjoy it. They can take pictures,” said owner Arturo Tarango, “(They) get a little more (of an) experience than just going to the store and picking out a pumpkin.”  

While the patch does well as a seasonal treat, Arturo Produce is open to sell things throughout the year. It is open on Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., but La with Union Corn Maze being open during the fall season, the hours are extended to 9 p.m. 

Meagan Garcia is the arts & culture editor and may be reached at [email protected].