Don Haskins hosts renowned artists this fall

The+Cirque+du+soleil+Ovo%2C+their+installation+inspired+by+insects%2C+will+be+at+the+Don+Haskins+Center+Sep.+15-18+at+3%3A30+p.m.%2C+5+p.m.%2C+and+7%3A30+p.m.+Photo+credit+to+Ed+Schipul%2F+creative+commons++
The Cirque du soleil Ovo, their installation inspired by insects, will be at the Don Haskins Center Sep. 15-18 at 3:30 p.m., 5 p.m., and 7:30 p.m. Photo credit to Ed Schipul/ creative commons

The Don Haskins Center, 151 Glory Road, is welcoming the new semester with a variety of event listings.  

The semester starts off with Iron Maiden and their Legacy of the Beast World Tour at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 11. The four-member English heavy metal band is composed of Steve Harris on bass guitar, Michael Kenney on keyboards, Nicko McBrain on drums and Janick Gers on guitar. 

The band won the Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance in 2011 for the track “El Dorado” from their 2010 Album “The Final Frontier.” Ticket prices range from $289- $1,849. The event is almost sold out and is expecting fans from all age ranges. 

Cirque du Soleil Ovo will perform for several dates in September. The show is a worldwide touring circus production inspired by the world of insects. Deborah Colker, its creator, wanted to step away from typical productions of acts or dancing and instead focus on movement. The show revolves around an egg that symbolizes the cycle of life. 

The Cirque du Soleil Ovo will perform at 7:30 p.m. Sep. 15, 16 and 17. It will be also have a performance at 3:30 p.m. Sep. 17 and at 5 p.m. Sep. 18.  There is no age requirement to watch the show. Ticket prices range from $97 to $499.  

Colombian singer-songwriter Camilo Echeverry will perform at 8 p.m., Sept. 30. He is coming to the United States for his “Mis Manos” tour in which he will perform songs from this album and other hit songs like “TuTu” with Pedro Capo and “Desconocidos” featuring Mau y Ricky. Ticket prices range from $114 to $388. 

International pop-superstar Pitbull, also known as Mr. Worldwide, will perform at 8 p.m. Oct. 2. The Miami born singer began his career in the early 2000s. In 2009 he released his hit single “I Know You Want Me” (Calle Ocho) which has been a canon song for pop culture.  

Pitbull has received the Grammy Award for Best Latin Rock or Alternative Album. He has collaborated with other significant pop artists. He will be coming to El Paso for his “Can’t Stop Us Now” summer tour with Sean Paul and featuring globalization DJ’s. Ticket prices range from $114- $476. 

Twenty-three-year-old Christian Nodal from Sonora, Mexico started his career in 2016 and has won three Latin Grammys, two billboard Latin Music Awards, and a Latin American Music Award since then. He rose to fame with his debut album “Me Deje Llevar.” He will be performing the “Forajido” album along with his hit songs “Adios Amor” and many others at 8 p.m. Nov. 4. Ticket prices range from $61- $1200. 

Greta Van Fleet is an American rock band from Frankenmuth, Michigan that consists of the Kiszka brothers Josh, Jake and Sam and Danny Wagner. They will perform at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 8. They won the Grammy for Best Rock Album in 2019 for their “From the Fires” album released November 2017. Ticket prices range from $42 to $149. 

Finally, the three-time rescheduled band Rage Against the Machine will appear with Run the Jewels for a concert at 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24. An American rock band from Los Angeles, California, they consist of four members Zach de la Rocha (vocals), Tom Morello (guitar,) Tim Commerford (bass guitar) and Brad Wilk (drums). Old tickets purchased can be used for this new date. Ticket prices range from $125 to $528. The event is almost sold out.  

Tickets for the events listed above are available at ticketmaster.com or at the UTEP ticket center at Union Building.  

Sophia Villalobos is a contributor and may be reached at [email protected]