El Paso boutiques inspire fashion creativity

Dos+Femmes+is+a+local+boutique+located+at+5034+Doniphan+Drive.+The+shop+is+run+by+two+sisters+who+sell+woman%E2%80%99s+clothing%2C+bags+and+earrings.+
Jasmin Campoya
Dos Femmes is a local boutique located at 5034 Doniphan Drive. The shop is run by two sisters who sell woman’s clothing, bags and earrings.

Fashion is a form of self-expression and is part of everyone’s lives. Hair accessories, bags, earrings, hats, shoes, and clothing are all used to enhance one style. Many El Pasoans visit locally owned and operated boutiques to find unique and fashionable items.

El Paso is home to several hidden gems, including boutiques that empower women, sell hand-crafted items and enhance the fashion on the border.

Dos Femmes

This local boutique, located at 5034 Doniphan Drive, was created by sister Cassie and Lexi Johnson with the goal to provide the community with loving collections that represent both of their styles. Dos Femmes is a creation of both their adventures in the border region and their love for fashion.

The boutique provides customers with free-spirited to classically chic items and brings love to the unexpected.

Dos Femmes sells clothing, handbags, jewelry, headbands, hair accessories, and shoes perfect for every location. All items are handmade and inspired by El Paso.

They also offer special collections unique to the style of Cassie or Lexi and even sell a unique jewelry collection in which the production created numerous jobs for women and men in rural villages outside of Jaipur, India.

“Right now, I love bold anything, colors, and prints, because they create a standout look for any occasion. I am also obsessed with embroidery because of the craftsmanship involved leading to the creation of the one-of-a-kind piece,” Cassie said on her website.

Dos Femmes is currently selling their Spring collection, which includes pastel colored items with floral prints, western themed earrings such as cowboys boots and hats, and flower scented candles.

GAL Fashion

GAL Fashion is located at 5860 N. Mesa St. and is a local high-end contemporary boutique. Stylist Gesuina Legaspy founded it, and they offer a large selection of modern designer clothing and accessories.

Visitors can find designer clothing like Versus by Versace, Equipment, Frame, RTA, Mason by Michelle Mason, Veronica Beard and IRO.

Fashion stylists are ready to assist customers as soon as they enter the boutique to help them with their shopping needs based on their preferences, budget and body types.

They also offer a to-go service, in which stylists provide a personal shopping service that is delivered straight to customers’ homes at no charge.

Sugar Skull Fashion Boutique

Sugar Skull Fashion Boutique, 125 Thunderbird Drive, has been open since 2015. They offer trendy clothing, bags, bows and fashionable accessories.

They sell brands such as Jealous Tomato, Flying Tomato, Sugarlips, and even their own items for women who love to make a statement.

Sugar Skull Fashion boutiques sell special collections like the colorful Frida Kahlo collection, the Mexico Lindo collection with items representing Mexico’s culture and the Sugar Skull collection.

Currently, the store is selling its Spring 2022 collection, which includes bright colorful and floral pieces to celebrate Spring.

El Paso is filled with local boutiques that provide visitors with local fashionable items to enhance creativity and style.

Each item sold in these boutiques helps customers connect their personal experiences with fashion to represent their history and style.

Victoria Rivas is the arts and culture editor and may be reached at [email protected]; @VicRivas_18 on Twitter.