Are you going to be surfing the web or the waves this summer?

Love is in the air at the El Paso Zoo

The+El+Paso+Zoo+is+celebrating+Valentine%E2%80%99s+Day+by+holding+an+evening+event+Feb.+12+from+5%3A30-9%3A00+p.m.+that+includes+dinner%2C+beer+from+DeadBeach+Brewery%2C+souvenirs+and+much+more.++%0APhoto+from+the+El+Paso+Zoo%E2%80%99s+Facebook+page.++
The El Paso Zoo is celebrating Valentine’s Day by holding an evening event Feb. 12 from 5:30-9:00 p.m. that includes dinner, beer from DeadBeach Brewery, souvenirs and much more. Photo from the El Paso Zoo’s Facebook page.

Love season is right around the corner, and the El Paso Zoo and El Paso Zoological Society invite the community to spend time with their loved one at Wild at the Heart: Valentine’s Day with a wild twist!  

The event will take place from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 12. Attendance for the experience is limited to 200 couples.  

“This exciting evening experience will transform the Zoo into a unique romantic atmosphere filled with photo opportunities, themed lighting, and so much more,” according to a statement released by the El Paso Zoological Society.  

During the event, couples would enjoy dinner, craft beer from DeadBeach Brewery with a commemorative event cup, a flower, animal encounters, access to the Africa section of the zoo, and many more.  

The dinner will consist of a delicious burger and chips, while guests have the option to change the craft beer for another drink.  

Education specialists will also be present at the event to instruct guests about some of the interesting mating courtships found in nature and some of the Birds of Prey found in the borderland.  

Tickets are now on sale, and guests have the option of purchasing a single ticket for $80 for one guest or the couple’s ticket for $150, permitting entrance for two guests.  

According to the El Paso Zoo Society, this nighttime experience will be a fundraising event, and the entrance is exclusively for guests who are more than 21 years old.  

Cristina Sanchez, an El Paso resident, stated she believes Valentine’s Day is a special occasion where couples and friends should surround themselves with love in a creative way.  

“This a very exotic and exciting opportunity to start ahead Valentine’s Day and make feel special your loved one at this love adventure,” Sanchez said.  

For information about the event or to purchase tickets, visit elpasozoosociety.org/wild-at-heart/ or contact Olivia C. Siqueiros at (915) 212-2877. 

Eduardo Flores is a contributor and may be reached at [email protected]