Experience a magical night at the Water Lantern Festival

Courtest of Water Lantern Festival One World LLC
The Water Lantern Festival returns to Ascarate Park June 19 2021.

The company One World LLC is bringing the Water Lantern Festival to the Sun City Saturday June 19. Those interested can bring a date or friends and family to enjoy celebrating a traditional Chinese festival.

According to Britannica, the tradition of water lantern festivals first came to be during the Han dynasty in China. The main meaning for water lanterns is to send away the disasters and problems of life and to welcome happiness and peace instead. One World has hosted thousands of water lantern festivals across the United States from coast to coast, with over a million attendees. This festival has been voted the number one water festival in the country and has been rate five out of five stars.

The event is taking place at the lake in Ascarate Park located at 6900 Delta Dr. The schedule starts off with food trucks and live music from 4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Then at 6 p.m. attendees will get supplies to make their lanterns and will launch their lanterns at 7:30 p.m. The event will end at 9 p.m.

Tickets include a wristband for entry into festival area with food trucks, a floating lantern kit, an LED candle, commemorative drawstring bad, marker, and lantern retrieval and water cleanup. All lanterns are cleaned up after the event, the lanterns are made out of rice paper and wood and are eco-friendly.

Prices start at $25.99 for tickets bought before the event. Tickets bought on the day of the event cost $40.99. There are special ticket packages like the Date Night special which comes with everything to create a lantern plus a mandala throw and two scavenger hunt giveaways. Another special is the Deluxe Ticket with ticket protection. Youth tickets start at $15.99 and children 7 and under are free. Covid-19 precautions will be encouraged, attendees can wear a mask for their own safety but fully vaccinated attendees will not be required to wear a mask.

For more information, the water lantern festival website has further information about the event. .  Tickets can be bought here.

Alyson Rodriguez may be reached at [email protected]; @alyson_rod1127 on Twitter.