Rage Against the Machine postpones El Paso appearance amid pandemic threat

Photo courtesy of Flickr
Rage Against the Machine cancels the first leg of its tour due the rise of COVID-19 cases nationwide, encompassing all shows from March 26 to May 19

For more coverage on COVID-19 and its impact on UTEP, El Paso, the state and the nation, visit The Prospector’s Coronavirus page.

As cases of COVID-19, or coronavirus, continue to emerge throughout the country, more than 40 major concerts and festivals have been either postponed or canceled, according to Pitchfork — Rage Against the Machine (RATM) has now joined that list, postponing its planned March 26 appearance at the Don Haskins Center.

The band is postponing the first leg of its tour which encompasses 15 shows from March 26 to May 19.

RATM’s management team, AEG Presents, released the following statement,

“Due to the current outbreak and ban on public gatherings we will have to postpone the first part of our tour (March 26th-May 20th) with Run the Jewels. The safety and health of those who come to our shows is of utmost importance to us. All previously purchased tickets will be honored for newly scheduled shows. As it stands, the July and August tour is still on. We will be in touch about rescheduled dates.”

Purchased tickets will be valid for rescheduled shows.

Bryan Mena may be reached at [email protected]