Cure: a new nail concept

Cure: a new nail concept

Claudia Flores, Editor-in-Chief

“Cure is definitely different than your average nail salon, we have focused on creating a concept that is not like anything else on the market,” said 25-year-old Mark Elias, owner of Cure nail salon, located at 7460 Cimarron Market St. in northwest El Paso.

With an aesthetic environment adorned in pastel colors, Cure brings a fresh view on nail salons since its opening in 2018. The salon’s priority is customer service and hygiene to give their clients the best results.

Cure uses a system where jets in pedicure tubs are strictly prohibited to promote a more hygienic service.

“The reason being is that jets are the number one incubator of bacteria and fungus of the nail industry. So rather than using those liners, we just decided, ‘let’s just get rid of the jets.’ That way, we don’t have any issues with that,” Elias said.

As part of their hygiene policy, every client at Cure gets to choose between taking home the buffers and files or watch their nail tech dispose of them in front of them.

“I think that we’re the only nail salon in town that offers single-use (items) like files buffers, keep pushers for manicures and pedicures,” Elias said.

Cure is known for their Russian Style manicure (a procedure that includes the full removal of the cuticle for a long-lasting manicure), creating its own natural skin-care products and not using acrylic on their clients.

Nail Technician Jessica Martinez said she enjoys being able to provide good service to her clients with the use of natural and chemical free products. Instead of acrylic, Cure uses a gel nail extension that does not damage the natural nail, yet it provides the same lasting effect as acrylic.

A reason to exclude the use of acrylic is the exposure to methyl methacrylate liquid monomers, commonly known as MMA. The FDA Office of Cosmetics and Colors considers it poisonous and reports it can cause severe damage to the natural nail.

“Acrylic is the most damaging thing for the nails. It tends to eat away the nail bed as opposed to helping regrow, so we try to focus on eliminating that and focusing on other alternatives,” Elias said. “We have a new system called Gel X. It’s a full extension made out of gel, but it looks exactly like acrylic. It’s a much healthier alternative and the amount of people that we’ve had switched to that has been extremely successful.”

Daniela Armendariz, a client at Cure, said she goes to the nail salon every two weeks because of the great service.

“I like everything that they have. The installation itself is very cute and welcoming, and the staff also makes me feel very welcomed,” Armendariz said.

Cure also offers spa treatments and waxing services. “We offer full body waxing and I know there’s a lot of new wax concepts in El Paso. There’s European Wax Center. We actually have the same exact wax as European Wax Center, which is probably the largest wax concept in the country. But we have way better prices and way better packages,” Elias said.

For information about Cure and their promotions visit curenails.com.

• Cure: a new nail concept

DesignHaus highlights seniors

• Cure: a new nail concept

Graduate Amy Miller masters the cello

• Cure: a new nail concept

Goodbye, UTEP. It’s been real.

• Cure: a new nail concept

Dance seniors present final project performances

• Cure: a new nail concept

Slayer plays final show in El Paso

• Cure: a new nail concept

‘Oedipus El Rey’ a modern-day ‘Oedipus Rex’

• Cure: a new nail concept

Neon Desert Music Festival 2019 Profile Series: Roman Rouge

• Cure: a new nail concept

Neon Desert Music Festival 2019 Profile Series: Pet People

• Cure: a new nail concept

Find fashion on a budget

• Cure: a new nail concept

Peek at the Fashion behind the curtain

Cure: a new nail concept