Five of the best seasonal beers to try this fall

File Photo

As fall starts to roll through, brewing companies take this time of year the to showcase their seasonal beer selections. From Oktoberfest beers, to craft beers, fall has some of the best seasonal beers that we see in our grocery stores

Below are the best fall beers to try before the season ends:

Brooklyn Brewery – Brooklyn Oktoberfest

ABV: 5.5

Brooklyn Brewery takes their own spin on Oktoberfest with their seasonal beer that can be found at different markets and breweries. The beer itself is brewed from German malt and hops, and is true to its German roots. It’s also known as Märzen style—or March in German, the month the beer is brewed—which has a deep amber color and tastes of honey, malt and toast.

Rating: 3.5/5

Dogfish Head Brewing – Dogfish Head

Punkin Ale

ABV: 7.0

High on taste and ABV, Dogfish Head Brewing’s twist on a pumpkin tasting beer is their Punkin Ale. Here is a full-bodied brown ale with hints of pumpkin and brown sugar to round out the taste. Interestingly enough, this beer is brewed with pumpkin meat, brown sugar and spices.

This Delaware-brewed beer is among the better pumpkin beers, and is best sipped on when it’s cold outside. Whether it be a night in carving pumpkins or grilling out in the fall weather, Punkin Ale is a treat of a beer for the season.

Rating: 4.1 / 5

Sierra Nevada – Tumbler Autumn Brown Ale

ABV: 5.5

Beer connoisseurs will have to dig deep to find Sierra Nevada Tumbler Autumn Brown Ale, which is only available for purchase in variety packs. Sierra Nevada as a whole is known for dabbling in different flavors for different seasons, and this is a prime example of their shot at a craft autumn ale.

With hints of chocolate and toasted bread, Tumbler Autumn Brown Ale is the right beer to sip on during football games in the fall or paired with a steak. Its caramel resemblances and mild bitterness are equally balanced for taste.

Rating: 3.7 / 5

Ballast Point Brewing Co. – Dead Ringer

Oktoberfest

ABV: 5.7

One’s fall beer selection is not complete without trying Ballast Point’s Dead Ringer Oktoberfest.

This lager, which can be found at local Whole Foods and Sprouts, is an old-fashioned beer with a reddish brown look.

The beer has a prevalent caramel taste with a spice and fruit finish. At just 5.7 percent ABV, the drink is a definite day-drinking beer while watching some television.

Rating: 4/5

Leinenkuglel — Oktoberfest

ABV: 5.1

There’s not much wrong Leinenkugel does when it comes to being a leader in the brewing industry. Located in Wisconsin, Leinenkugel takes a break from inventing new summer shandy beers and fruit craft choices to release their annual Oktoberfest beer.

Adrian Broaddus may be reached at [email protected]