UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

Sophomore+midfielder+April+Pate+and+Middle+Tennessee+junior+defender+Casey+River+chase+after+a+lose+ball.+

UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

Sophomore midfielder April Pate and Middle Tennessee junior defender Casey River chase after a lose ball.

Daniel Mendez, Sports Editor

The UTEP Miners soccer team dropped its second consecutive game in Conference USA play when they lost 3-0 to the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Sunday night at University Field.

UTEP (6-6-1) were unable to get things going as Middle Tennessee (7-2-1) controlled the game from start to finish.

“Every detail matters and every play you can’t take off in these conference games because they’ll come back to bite you,“ said senior goalkeeper Alyssa Palacios.

The Blue Raiders came out aggressive in the first half as they had a total of 13 shots, and five corner kicks. Middle Tennessee’s sophomore forward Peyton Depriest scored the first goal of her hat trick in the first half at the 27th mark when freshmen forward Hannah Tillett found her in the box for her first of two assists of the evening.

The Miners showed life in the second half as they were able to get 10 shots up compared to two in the first half. UTEP had four corner kicks compared to two in the first half, while Middle Tennessee’s keeper had four saves.

Despite being the aggressor in the second half, the Blue Raiders took advantage of opportunities when they were presented. Depriest completed her hat trick when she scored at the 77th minute and the 79th minute.

Palacios was constantly attacked by shots on goal, the senior had eight saves but allowed three goals.

In total, the Blue Raiders had 27 shots compared to UTEP’s 12 and edged out the Miners in corner kicks, 6-4.

After the game junior, Lauren Crenshaw acknowledged how good Middle Tennessee was and how UTEP can’t afford to get off to a slow start in conference games.

“I think they’re one of the better teams in conference, we know how we need to play against teams like this the rest of the season,” Crenshaw said.

UTEP is now 1-3 in C-USA play, with six games remaining left in the season, the Miners have two more home games. Their next game will be on the road they face Western Kentucky Oct., 6.

• UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

President reflects on tenure as her last semester comes to a close

• UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

DesignHaus highlights seniors

• UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

Grateful for these moments

• UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

Graduate to end season with tourney success

• UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

Vania Castillo strides into the future

• UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

See you later, UTEP

• UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

Leadership Award recipient is devoted to UTEP community, leadership

• UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

I was never good at headlines… adios, Prospy

• UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

Graduate Amy Miller masters the cello

• UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee

The Prospector helped me use my creativity toward my degree

UTEP falls to Middle Tennessee