New SGA officers sworn in

New SGA officers sworn in

Gaby Velasquez, Photo Editor

The Student Government Association held their 2018-2019 Swearing-In Ceremony on Wednesday, May 23, at the Hoover House.

Associate Vice President and Dean of Students Catie McCorry-Andalis welcomed everyone with a speech and introduced UTEP President Diana Natalicio, who recently announced her plans to retire.

Natalicio gave some opening remarks and began with words of advice to the incoming SGA members.

“In order to be an effective student leader, maybe any kind of leader, you have to be bold, you have to really believe in what you’re doing,” she said.

The newly elected members were sworn in and given the oath of office. Newly elected SGA President Cristian Botello gave the closing remarks. The family and friends of the new members were invited inside the Hoover House to look around and celebrate the special occasion with a reception.

• Associate Vice- President and Dean of Students Dr. Catie McCorry-Andalis hands out pins to the newly elected candidates on Wednesday, May 23.

• President Cristian Botello, Vice President of Internal Affairs Carlos Chavira, Vice President of External Affairs Jaqueline Benavides and Executive Assistant to the President Jessica Martinez pose in front of the Hoover House Wednesday, May 23

• Associate Vice- President and Dean of Students Dr. Catie McCorry-Andalis welcomes everyone with a speech at the Hoover House on Wednesday, May 23.

• President Dr. Diana Natalicio gives a speech at her home in the Hoover House on Wednesday, May 23.

• Collegiate Senators swear in on Wednesday, May 23 at the Hoover House.

• Senators-At-Large swear in on Wednesday, May 23 at the Hoover House.

• President Cristian Botello, Vice President of Internal Affairs Carlos Chavira, Vice President of External Affairs Jaqueline Benavides and Executive Assistant to the President Jessica Martinez swear in on Wednesday, May 23 at the Hoover House.

• SGA President Cristian Botello wrote a proposal to keep the pharmacy in the student health center open.

• Junior psychology major Cristian Botello gives a speech after being sworn in as SGA President at the Hoover House on May 23.

• President Dr. Diana Natalicio shakes hands with Senator At-Large Levi Cueto on Wednesday, May 23 at the Hoover House after the Swearing-In Ceremony.

• President Dr. Diana Natalicio poses with the newly elected senators, president, vice-presidents and executive assistant infornt of the Hoover House on Wednesday May 23.