New SGA officers sworn in

SGA President Cristian Botello, Vice President of Internal Affairs Carlos Chavira, Vice President of External Affairs Jaqueline Benavides and Executive Assistant to the President Jessica Martinez were sworn in to office on Wednesday, May 23 at the Hoover House.

Gaby Velasquez, Photo Editor

The Student Government Association held their 2018-2019 Swearing-In Ceremony on Wednesday, May 23, at the Hoover House.

Associate Vice President and Dean of Students Catie McCorry-Andalis welcomed everyone with a speech and introduced UTEP President Diana Natalicio, who recently announced her plans to retire.

Natalicio gave some opening remarks and began with words of advice to the incoming SGA members.

“In order to be an effective student leader, maybe any kind of leader, you have to be bold, you have to really believe in what you’re doing,” she said.

The newly elected members were sworn in and given the oath of office. Newly elected SGA President Cristian Botello gave the closing remarks. The family and friends of the new members were invited inside the Hoover House to look around and celebrate the special occasion with a reception.

Associate Vice- President and Dean of Students Dr. Catie McCorry-Andalis hands out pins to the newly elected candidates on Wednesday, May 23.

• New SGA officers sworn in

Multimedia

The Educators: Episode Four: Amanda Guillen

• New SGA officers sworn in

UTEP Alumni Discuss Issues Impacting El Paso and Juarez

• New SGA officers sworn in

UTEP alumnus releases book on Mexican-American migration with ‘Homelands’

• New SGA officers sworn in

Breaking News

UTEP President speaks about retirement plans and her hopes for UTEP’s future

• New SGA officers sworn in

UTEP students, faculty and community members react to President Natalicio’s retirement

• New SGA officers sworn in

Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS: UTEP President Diana Natalicio announces retirement

• New SGA officers sworn in

First-annual Kite Festival celebrates kids’ safety

• New SGA officers sworn in

Las Cruces resident wins big in sweepstakes

• New SGA officers sworn in

Growth in El Paso continues as the second quarter of 2018 approaches

• New SGA officers sworn in

Top 10 seniors continue longstanding UTEP tradition

New SGA officers sworn in