New SGA officers sworn in

SGA President Cristian Botello, Vice President of Internal Affairs Carlos Chavira, Vice President of External Affairs Jaqueline Benavides and Executive Assistant to the President Jessica Martinez were sworn in to office on Wednesday, May 23 at the Hoover House.

Gaby Velasquez, Photo Editor

The Student Government Association held their 2018-2019 Swearing-In Ceremony on Wednesday, May 23, at the Hoover House.

Associate Vice President and Dean of Students Catie McCorry-Andalis welcomed everyone with a speech and introduced UTEP President Diana Natalicio, who recently announced her plans to retire.

Natalicio gave some opening remarks and began with words of advice to the incoming SGA members.

“In order to be an effective student leader, maybe any kind of leader, you have to be bold, you have to really believe in what you’re doing,” she said.

The newly elected members were sworn in and given the oath of office. Newly elected SGA President Cristian Botello gave the closing remarks. The family and friends of the new members were invited inside the Hoover House to look around and celebrate the special occasion with a reception.

Associate Vice- President and Dean of Students Dr. Catie McCorry-Andalis hands out pins to the newly elected candidates on Wednesday, May 23.

• New SGA officers sworn in

Congressman Beto O’Rourke begins 34-day trip in his hometown

• New SGA officers sworn in

Alfredo Corchado sheds light on life as a migrant and journalist in ‘Homelands’

• New SGA officers sworn in

Cartoon

Cartoon of the Week

• New SGA officers sworn in

Immigration

Migrant families in El Paso await reunification

• New SGA officers sworn in

This week at UTEP: July 16-21

• New SGA officers sworn in

UTEP’s Student Occupational Therapy Association to volunteer at Annunciation House

• New SGA officers sworn in

March For Our Lives student activists stop in El Paso for town hall

• New SGA officers sworn in

Immigrant parents are reunited with their children

• New SGA officers sworn in

This week at UTEP: July 9-14

• New SGA officers sworn in

38th Annual 4th of July People’s Parade at Eastside El Paso

New SGA officers sworn in