First MinerFest kicks off with local performers

SGA+offered+free+food+to+the+first+250+students+at+the+first+Miner+Fest+on+Wednesday%2C+April+18+at+Centennial+Plaza.+

SGA offered free food to the first 250 students at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

Paulette Villa

Paulette Villa

Paulette Villa

Gaby Velasquez, Photo Editor

• SGA offered free food to the first 250 students at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

Paulette Villa

• Students dance to 'Como La Flor' which was performed by Elia Esparza at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

Paulette Villa

• The first Miner Fest featured music, games and information booths.

Paulette Villa

• American Idol and The Voice contestant Elia Esparza performs at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

• Students play volleyball at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

• SGA offered free aguas frescas to the first 250 students at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

Paulette Villa

• Students had the opportunity to take photos the Photo Bus booth at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

Paulette Villa

• New to the scene artist Irie Lee performs at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

• Students walk to and from class by the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

• New to the scene artist Wildsters performs at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

Paulette Villa

• A frat member is dunked by a student at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at

• DJ Johnny Kage from 104.3 Hit FM performs at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

• Students had the opportunity to get a henna tattoo at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

Paulette Villa

• Junior criminal justice major Justine Valles and freshman nursing major Monika Ramirez enjoy the free food that SGA was offering to the first 250 students at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

• The first Miner fest featured information booths on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

• Information about recycling was given at one of the booths at the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza.

SGA presented the first Miner Fest on Wednesday, April 18 at Centennial Plaza in an effort to start a new spring tradition.

Students had the opportunity to take a break in between their classes, from 11 a.m. t0 1 p.m., to enjoy live music from local artists, “American Idol” and “The Voice” contestant Elia Esparza, 104.3 Hit FM DJ Johnny Kage and new to the scene artists Irie Lee and Wildsters. Free food and aguas frescas were given to the first 250 people.

Students could also participate in activities such as a “Ninja Warrior” type of obstacle course, play volleyball, take photos the Photo Bus booth and dunk a fraternity member.