Exercising tips from some of El Paso’s top sports to workout

Photo courtesy of Wolves Den Gym

Wolves Den Gym

The Wolves Den Gym is a top-rated option for a gym. The gym says they offer different options that suit everyone’s needs and they add a special incentive to their gym.

Located on 1010 Wall St., in central El Paso, the gym offers classes throughout each day, Monday through Friday, at the top of each hour. Aside from classes, they offer access to weights from Monday to Friday, 5 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m.- noon.

From Wolves Den Gym:

“What makes the Wolves Den Gym unique is basically two things. First is variety of options we offer. Instead of going to a boxing gym, weight gym or cardio studio, a person can come to our gym and get all of the above and more. We also offer certified personal trainers and are starting up MMA and martial arts training.”

Revolution Fitness 24/7

Like its name suggests, Revolution Fitness 24/7 prides itself on being open every day at any time.

Located on George Dieter Drive and Trawood Drive, the gym offers month-to-month memberships starting at $45 per person or $60 per couple. They have personal trainers and Zumba teachers that can cater to the members needs and offer daily classes.

From Revolution Fitness 24/7:

“Our fitness facility is 24/7 and offers weights and cardio equipment, personal training and Zumba classes. We also offer instruction on how to use equipment. We strive on being a very clean facility. We are located on George Dieter and Trawood, which is in a large residential area, so many of our members choose us because of the convenience and the 24/7 access.”

Anytime Fitness

With six locations throughout El Paso, Anytime Fitness is a gym that is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day.

They offer a free seven-day trial for its membership and have locations on the West, East, Northeast and Far east side of town. Each member gets a starter plan to help each individual work how they want.

From Anytime Fitness:

“We pride ourselves on being a clean, friendly and convenient fitness facility.  We also care about our clients. Almost all gyms claim the same things; judgment free, lots of equipment, etc. So to stand apart we rely on our staff, trainers and atmosphere along with having the best members in El Paso. You’re not just joining a gym; you’re joining a supportive community of like-minded people who are here to give you the encouragement you need.”

Student Recreation Center

The Student Rec Center is a place to not only achieve great physical fitness, but also where students can take some relief from the classroom. UTEP students can enjoy the many exceptional activities and programs the Rec Center has to offer, such as intramural competitions, yoga classes, Zumba and even rock climbing.

The Rec Center also offers fitness classes. The number of classes are estimated to be around 40, with the most popular being Zumba and boxing. These classes are offered in the mornings, evenings and even on Saturdays. The classes charge a small fee, but it’s for the benefit of the students.

Another program students can become involved in are sports clubs, including ice hockey, soccer and rugby.

From the Student Rec Center

“At the entrance we have a sign that says ‘students first’ and we believe in that because our highest priority are the students. Starting at 5:30 in the morning, students can use the swimming pools, racquetball courts, the cardio area, the free weights and basketball courts. Currently there are between 1,800 to 1,900 students using the Rec Center and our goal for the upcoming year is to have over 2,000 students attend the Rec Center every day.”

Follow Adrian Broaddus @adrian_broaddus