Bad Bunny Returns to the Sun City for “La Nueva Religion Tour”

Special to The Prospector

Bad Bunny is set to perform on March 23 at the El Paso County Coliseum for the second time in less than four months.

The Puerto Rican rapper, widely recognized for his Latin trap, hip-hop beats and reggaetón mix, gets the crowd dancing at every venue he performs at.

Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio, 23, first started getting noticed in the music scene back in 2016, but truly broke out with his hit singles “Mayores,” featuring Becky G, and his solo track “Soy Peor,” released in 2017.

With Latin trap still a relatively new subgenre, he has continued his fame and attracted fans from every corner of the world with songs such as “Si Tu Novio Te Deja Sola,” featuring J Balvin, and “Krippy Kush,” with Farruko and Nicky Minaj.

Throughout the span of his career, several of his songs have appeared on Billboard’s Hot Latin Songs chart, including 15 in 2017.

In 2017, Bad Bunny was nominated for a Latin Grammy Award under the categories of Best Urban Song and Best Urban Performance for his song “Si Tu Novio Te Deja Sola,” Breakthrough Artist at Premios Juventud, and nominated in 2018 for Best New Latin Artist at the upcoming iHeartRadio Music Awards, which will be simulcast live on TBS, TNT and truTV on March 11, as well as on iHeartMedia radio stations and on the iHeartRadio app.

The El Paso County Coliseum sold out on December 15, 2017, when the up-and-coming artist performed in the Sun City for the first time, and he is expected to have similar ticket sales for his “La Nueva Religion Tour.”

Tickets may be purchased online at ticketmaster.com.