Faculty art exhibition showcases border life

The+2018+Faculty+show+will+run+until+Friday%2C+April+6.+

The 2018 Faculty show will run until Friday, April 6.

Gaby Velasquez, Photo Editor

The Stanlee and Gerald Rubin Center for the Visual Arts held the opening reception for the UTEP Department of Art Biennial Faculty Exhibition on Thursday, Feb. 1. The exhibition takes place every two years since the center opened in 2004. The show features different pieces by 25 faculty members of the art department.

The show will run through Friday, April 6.

• Rubin center educational intern Sarah Aguilar and DoART student observe Associate Professor of printmaking Kim Bauer's print.

• Visiting Assistant Professor of art education Heather Kaplan had some interactive ceramic pieces where attendees could move the pieces around.

• The 2018 Faculty show will run until Friday, April 6.

• Assistant Professor of String Bass, Jazz and Commercial Music Studies Erik Unsworth and lecturer of guitar and jazz & commercial music studies Shaun Mahoney play at the opening reception of the Faculty Show on Thursday Feb. 1 at the Rubin center.

• Students observe installation piece by lecturer of foundations Steve Randall.

• DoART student observes the piece of visiting Assistant Professor of sculpture Angel Cabrales.

• City representative Peter Svarzbein observes piece by Italian artist and anthropologist Fiama Montezemolo.

• Student observes a sculpture of lecturer of foundations and metals Anna Jaquez.

[arve url=”https://youtu.be/My7Z0Xqau-k” /]