I’m not afraid to call an orange an orange

I recently finished reading the bombshell new book by Michael Wolff, “Fire and Fury,” which reportedly has the West Wing at each other’s throats.

Wolff reported numerous people inside the White House saying Trump is not very smart. Additionally, the rest of the American public, who are being honest with themselves, can watch the news almost daily and can conclude that he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed.

But, I would still hesitate to write that President Trump is an idiot. I would feel more comfortable saying he is “allegedly” an idiot.

Wolff also talks about the meetings that the Trump transition team had in Trump Tower with Russian operatives and the fact that Steve Bannon, former chief strategist for Trump, who Trump claims to barely know now,  said that the meetings were treasonous.

When you add in the fact that several members of the Trump administration have already been indicted for various offenses involving money laundering related to Russia and are cooperating with Robert Mueller’s investigation due to their ties with Russia, a clear picture of collusion between the Trump White House and Russia is as plain as day.

Without an admission or clear verbal evidence from President Trump, it can be called an “alleged” collusion between the Trump team and Russia that won the election—at least until Mueller is able to present his evidence and either force the Republicans to impeach Trump or have him resign.

There is one issue in which I can leave out any safe word like “alleged” prior to my statement. I am not worried about the threat of slander, libel or any other words that Trump, his cronies or miniscule amount of supporters like to use, but can’t define.

Donald Trump is a racist. Unequivocally. Unabashedly.

To the shame of our formerly great nation, we have a racist for our commander-in-chief and it is an absolute disgrace.

Even before Trump recently called Haiti, El Salvador and other African nations “shithole countries,” his feelings toward any non-white immigrants were already clear.

In a previous meeting in the Oval Office with his cabinet, Trump referred to Haitians as having AIDS. He also stated that once Nigerians had come to America, they would never go back to their “huts.” All of these statements were reported to the New York Times by a Trump acolyte who was actually shocked enough to report him.

This is the same Donald Trump who signed a “consent decree”—along with his father Fred Trump, who was arrested at a KKK rally in 1927—to send reports to the government on how often he rents to minorities after being accused by the National Urban League of discriminatory rental practices.

In the FBI files related to the racial discrimination claim, Trump properties were found to have been telling African-American and Puerto Rican families that there were no rooms to rent and then renting to white families the same day. Additionally, employees were told to tell African-Americans that the rent at certain properties was double the actual amount to discourage their interest.

When “Fire and Fury” was released, the entire White House turned their wrath toward Bannon, who had the nerve to speak out against President Trump.

Bannon’s former “right-hand man,” Stephen Miller, went on CNN to talk to Jake Tapper about how brilliant Trump is and was cut off before he could finish drooling over his boss. Perhaps Miller’s loyalty was rewarded by Trump’s sudden racist outburst to the collection of senators on Thursday, after all, Miller is a card-carrying “white nationalist,” who has somehow stayed in Trump’s employ.

Imagine if President Obama had employed someone who called themselves a “black nationalist.” Trump and his supporters would have been crying about a lot more than a birth certificate for eight years.

What Trump is doing cannot continue to be glossed over. Shortly after his most recent racist comments, the U.S. Ambassador to Panama, John Feeley, resigned saying that he could no longer work under Trump. We are supposed to live in a melting pot, where all are welcome if they need shelter.

We can’t all resign our position as Americans like Ambassador Feeley, but we also don’t have to be resigned to what being an American suddenly means under this administration. There are ways to be heard now on social media, in the media and through your congressmen. Come the end of this year, there will be a major way to be heard.

I have no problem calling Trump a racist, because he is. If you voted for him, I might give you a little leeway. Maybe you voted for a chauvinist, sexual harassing, TV star with no political experience.

But, now you also know that he is “allegedly” borderline retarded and “allegedly” colluded with Russia.

But, for god’s sake, it’s 2018 in the United States of America. This isn’t the 1950s in the racist South, when even the politicians could not be counted on to do the right thing–though it often appears that way. It has become clear that the Republicans are either scared to help America get rid of “His Royal Orangeness” or would rather just not seek re-election in 2018 as 31 congressmen have already stated—somehow finding an even more cowardly way out.

If we are going to show the rest of the world that we respect brethren of every creed and color, we are going to have to vote Democrat come March and November. We have to force a change and have our voices heard. We have fought racism in this country for too long to let it become the “norm” again.

It is time to bring people with a spine back into Congress and let the world know that our country is not a “shithole.” We made one small mistake electing a piece of shit for president and we should rectify it as soon as we can.

Follow Jason Green on Twitter @greenevansj