The Rubin Center’s fall exhibits open for the semester

Gaby Velasquez, Photo Editor

• "Where is Our Exile" focuses on Mexican and American culture on the border being equal.

• Department studio technician Derek Caulfield observes a globe from the "Simplified World" drawing series.

• Suzi Davidoff talks to art history professor Dr. Max Grossman about her charcoal series.

• Davidoff's charcoal drawings focuses on how animal and plant species are in danger because of humans.

• Drawing lecturer Alexandra McGovern observes one of Rodriguez's ceramic works.

• "Where is Our Exile" is located at the L

• "Duality of Presence" features works of 19 artists.

• "Duality of Presence" will be up until February 19.

The Rubin Center held the opening reception for its three fall semester exhibitions on Thursday, Oct. 12.

Featured artist Suzi Davidoff maps in her series of drawings, “Simplified World,” to illustrate how the world had changed physically and politically.

In his series, “Where is Our Exile,” department of art alumnus George Rodriguez uses his ceramic work to portray the political, social and cultural importance of minorities in the United States.

Assistant professor of art at San Diego State University Kerianne Quick and visiting assistant professor head of jewelry and metals at UTEP Jessica Tolbert unite the pieces of 19 artists in their exhibit Duality of Presence where they allow the materials in the jewelry take meaning and narrate stories.

“Simplified World” and “Where is Our Exile” will be up until Dec. 16. “Duality Presence” will be up until Feb. 16.

[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwloAzTk4k4[/embedyt]