Date spots­—where to take your date as fall rolls around

Claudia Hernandez
Rim Road is adjacent to Tom Lea Park, which over looks the East side of El Paso.

As fall rolls in and the temperature drops 20 degrees—enough for Ugg boots to be worn across the town—date spots start popping up, and couples have never had it better in El Paso. Two people can find pretty decent romantic spots all across the city or new adventures once fall rolls around.

Here are some fall date ideas to keep in your back pocket this fall:

1. Corn Maze –pumpkin patch

Ah yes, the infamous corn maze. It’s one of El Paso’s longest seasonal traditions in the fall and always reels in tons of people week after week. There are several corn mazes in El Paso, but the ones that stand out are El Paso’s Corn Maze, in Socorro, and La Union Maze, in La Union, New Mexico.

El Paso’s Corn Maze offers a pretty challenging kid-themed corn maze. They also offer food trucks onsite, a huge pumpkin patch and more attractions. At a price of $10.95 per ticket, this corn maze isn’t too overpriced for the exciting thrills it brings.

The La Union Maze, for those who are based on the Westside, offers a wide variety of activities other than simply going through the maze. They have pig races, farm animals, giant slides, bouncy houses and a bunch of food. Even though tickets are $12 a pop, this corn maze is definitely worth the price.

2. Rim Road

If you’re tired of taking your significant other to Scenic Drive—or you’ve had too many bad memories up there—try Rim Road, which is adjacent to Scenic Drive. Rim Road gives off all the beautiful views that Scenic offers, but with a more intimate setting and less overcrowding.

If you step outside the car, Tom Lea Park is also a nice lookout point of the city. Grab some coffee and walk around the park to enjoy some nice conversations and eye-catching views of the entire city.

3. Texas Terror Trials

This is a date night for the truly adventurous couples out there. The Texas Terror Trails are one of the most bone-chilling, adrenaline-filled events across the city. Located in a rustic, outland area in Canutillo, Texas, the place gives off a terrifying feeling that perfectly coincides with the alarming attraction.

The place offers a unique Zombie Adventure, which arms people with weapons and has them traveling through the trail, fighting off the zombies that attack them and attempting to get to their destination safely.

Also, the place offers a scary haunted house for attendees. This year’s theme is the zombie prisoners seeking vengeance from being held prisoner during World War II. The haunted house is said to be only for those who have tough skin and can handle a scare.

Tickets for each attraction are $16, or $25 for both. RIP passes are available for $8 more, which allow the ticket holder to go on a “fast pass” system, cut in front of the line and go through the attraction quickly. That being said, their website suggests that people come early for the Zombie Adventure as it becomes one of the most sought-after events at the location.