UTEP athletics releases football game day and parking information

The UTEP football team will kick off their 2017 home schedule versus Rice on Saturday at 6 p.m. MT.

Here is some pertinent game day information that fans should know:

Where to Park: Due to spaces being lost in the SB2 lot across from Kelly Hall, the SB3 lot is now open with the closest free parking south of Sun Bowl Stadium. Free parking is also available in the following lots: SB2, SCG (south of Sun Bowl Stadium), and SC2 (ADA only), SC3 & SC4 (on Schuster Avenue). A courtesy shuttle is available to and from the south lots only.

RV Parking: RV parking is available in the SC1 lot (on Schuster Avenue). The lot opens at 5 p.m. the day before the game. RV season passes are $250 and are available by calling (915) 747-6150.

ADA Parking: ADA parking is located in the SC2 lot off of Schuster Drive by the roundabout of the SPUR 1966. Shuttles will be available from the parking area to the press box for patrons with ADA tickets in sections 1-5. Shuttles will also be available from the parking area to the North Sun Bowl entrance for patrons with ADA tickets in sections 13 & 15. Both shuttles start running two hours before kickoff and resume operation at the end of the third quarter until all patrons are serviced.

Tailgating: Tailgating is permitted on outer campus lots beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, and on inner campus beginning at 2 p.m.

Sun Metro Service: Sun Metro is offering multiple Park+Ride locations with direct bus service to all UTEP football home games for $3 round trip fare. Locations are as follows: Mission Valley Transfer Center (9065 Alameda Ave.), Westside Transfer Center (7535 Remcon Circle), Union Plaza Transit Terminal (400 W. San Antonio), Northeast Transfer Center (9348 Dyer Street), Eastside Transfer Center (1165 Sunmount Drive) and the Park+Ride on Edgemere near R.C. Poe. Free parking is available at all but the Union Plaza Transit Terminal.