The best 6 apps to kill time in between classes

UTEP students are different than the typical college student. If you attend UTEP, chances are that you’re a commuter. Driving to school every day has its perks and its drawbacks, but one of the biggest drawbacks is having a lot of free time in between classes. Even if your breaks span for three or more hours, it seems pointless to drive back home and return for your next class so you just stay on campus.

There are plenty of places to go spend your break, the library and Union East are among the most popular places to hang out in. Realistically you’ll spend your break glued to your phone. Instead of spending your time by checking all the social media platforms try using different apps. There are hundreds of thousands of apps available to keep you entertained. Here are some of the best ones to try out to pass the time.

Overcast

There’s no better way to pass the time than to listen to a podcast. The great thing about the Apple podcast app is the wide variety of podcasts it has. You can pick and choose what you want to listen to.

Spendee

While you’re sitting around with nothing to do, download “Spendee” and get your finances in order. “Spendee” helps you budget and track all of your spending. Taking the time to use the app could save you money.

Headspace

This app provides meditation for about 10 minutes at a time. Take this time to unwind and clear your head. Classes can be stressful and meditation reduces stress and promotes subtle improvements in focus.

Mindsnacks

“Mindsnacks” is a series of apps designed to make learning easy and fun through games. This is the funniest way you can learn another language. It simplifies vocabulary and grammar with interactive graphics and games. “Mindsnacks” is available for learning French, Spanish, Mandarin, German, Chinese and Japanese.

Watchup

While Apple News personalizes your news feed to an extent, “Watchup” is very specific to your liking. This is especially great for android users who don’t have a news app. The world can be a shitty place, so only read what you like.

Paperama

“Paperama” is not your typical mobile game. This is an app that takes you step by step in creating origami. As you move up in levels, the folds get harder. This is a great puzzle game to keep you busy and focused.