2 Chainz gives an impressive concert in a wheelchair

Special to The Prospector

Los Angeles takes hip-hop very seriously. From tons of shows being spread out throughout the city every night, to the artist’s infatuation with LA’s prime hip-hop scene, one can always expect an awesome show when heading to California.

2 Chainz was heading to Anaheim as part of his “Pretty Girls Love Trap Music” tour and everyone who had a ticket knew the rapper had broken his leg two weeks ago. Despite the apparent problem and the obvious decision to probably cancel the tour, 2 Chainz insisted that he continue all of his tour in a wheelchair.

The fact that he was in a wheelchair didn’t stop the 1,000-plus attendees who flooded the House of Blues, and it definitely did not hinder the Georgia native from having an intense show.

Opening up for 2 Chainz was up-and-coming hip-hop artist Young Dolph, who is coming off his recent album, “Bulletproof.” Young Dolph played a lot of tracks from his newest album and even did some covers, like Bankroll Fresh’s “Walked In.” Young Dolph did an impressive job opening for 2 Chainz and had the crowd pretty much glued on the stage.

2 Chainz rolled out on stage with his posse of four singers and a dancer who wheeled him around. He opened up with “Riverdale Rd” from his newest album, “Pretty Girls Love Trap Music.”

Showing his versatility and the variety on his set, 2 Chainz went through different songs he featured on with other artists. He started with his verse in Chance the Rapper’s “No Problem,” then rocked the crowd with his verse in Drake’s “All Me” and finally ended with Drake’s “No Lie.”

He also performed “I’m Different” and “___,” which had everyone in the audience rapping and dancing along.

“Good Drank,” “Realize,” “Poor Fool” and “OG Kush Diet” showed off 2 Chainz’ ability to be lyrical over gritty trap beats.

Finally, he capped off the show with “It’s a Vibe” and “4 AM.”

Even though he had to be pushed around by a dancer, 2 Chainz’ efforts shined greatly throughout the show. He never once looked handicapped or at a loss of demeanor, rather, he was bouncing along with the crowd and still dancing in his wheelchair. There aren’t many artists who could keep a crowd going for as long as 2 Chainz did.