Are you going to be surfing the web or the waves this summer?

Kyle energizes sold out crowd at Tricky Falls

Kyle+performed+in+front+of+a+sold+out+Tricky+Falls+crowd.+
Adrian Broaddus
Kyle performed in front of a sold out Tricky Falls crowd.

For the third time performing in El Paso this year, Kyle returned for his “SUPER Tour,” as promised in his last local show. At the beginning of February, Kyle performed with DJ Carnage for his concert, “Rare,” and tagged along with Khalid for his “Location Tour” at the same time.

But this time was different for Kyle. While the previous two times he was just an opener, this time Kyle was the main act for his show at Tricky Falls.

The concert featured three local openers who impressed while getting the crowd going. First up was Geminii Jay, who used trap beats and his dancing posse to liven up the crowd. Miles Angel was next and brought an interesting hip-hop/R&B twist to his set. Last was Sicklife, who the fans would simply not give a chance because they were anxious for Kyle.

The crowd seemed about ready to burst from how impatient they were for seeing Kyle. The venue was completely packed, easily sold out and everyone started chanting for Kyle.

Finally, his DJ came out and pumped up the audience with crowd-pleasing jams. Then, Kyle stormed onto the stage and the crowd went aflame. He had everyone dancing and bobbing up and down.

Kyle packed his set with new tracks, while also revisiting  some of his previous material, calling upon day one fans and enticing the crowd with his energetic attitude. Most of the crowd was able to follow along with all of his tracks, and he even took a break in the middle of the show to do a cover of Kid Cudi’s “Pursuit of Happiness.” Instead of being corny with the song, Kyle was able to be soulful with the classic hip-hop ballad.

Even if his music doesn’t appeal to you, something that is easy to appreciate from the California rapper in concert is how animated and exciting of a performer he is. It seemed like every song was well rehearsed and each featured goofy, thrilling dancing from him and his DJ. They galloped, jumped, hopped and slid throughout the stage on each song. Kyle truly never lost his energy.

After performing some of his newer singles, Kyle closed the night with a crowd favorite, “I Spy,” which had everyone in Tricky Falls singing along to each word. He was truly appreciative of the high-energy El Paso crowd and promised that he would return in the future.