Art duo Lxs Dos host immigration workshops

Nina Titovets

Nina Titovets

Nina Titovets

Gaby Velasquez, Photo Editor

• Artist Ramon Cardenas helps the kids puck out the colors for their paintings.

• Students make their own pieces that will be displayed along with Lxs Dos/Maintain Creative Coalition at the Rubin Center.

• Junior studio art major Sarah Aguilar helps students during the workshop.

• Artists Chris and Ramon held a workshop for high schoolers and middle schoolers.

• Chris helps students with their painting during the workshop.

• Students listen to lectures about immigration at the Rubin Center auditorium.

• Speaker talks about immigration to the students and answers their questions.

• Artist Chris Cardenas adds finishing touches to the mural before the opening reception.

• Chris and Ramon add finishing touches to their mural.

Graphic artists Lxs Dos held the “Move Your Mind! Understanding Migration and Immigration Through the Arts” workshop for high school and middle school artists from June 26 through June 30 at the Rubin Center and the Fox Fine Arts building. Lxs Dos is an art collaboration between husband and wife Christian and Ramon Cardenas.

The young artists worked alongside Christian and Ramon on a mural that was displayed at the Rubin Center. Opening reception for the LxsDos: Pásele, Pásele exhibition was held on Thursday, June 29 and the exhibition will run through Friday, Sept. 29, 2017.