Haunted Pub Crawl offers unique local experience

Nina Titovets
Ghosts915 will host the Haunted Pub Crawl on March 25. Two of the stops will be at Hotel Garder.

Through the illustrious history of downtown El Paso, many tales and stories of paranormal activity have been relished and brought to the present-day limelight. The city’s local paranormal organization, Ghosts915, is putting together a Haunted Pub Crawl on March 25.

The event will mainly take place at the Gardner Hotel, 311 E. Franklin Ave., and will feature a three-hour walking adventure to different bars and locations in El Paso. Ghostly tales will be shared by the guides, and the organization encourages people to “toast a ghost” to all the spirits visited.

Ghosts915 is an El Paso non-profit organization that hosts weekly ghost tours, they handle different paranormal activity and serve as historians to some of the local mysteries. Their more popular tours are the Concordia Cemetery, the Haunted Downtown Brothel Tour and the San Elizario Tour.

This tour, unlike their others, has a thematic twist. At each pub, bar or club, tourists are offered drink specials on the tour in the spirit of the pub-themed event. On the card for stops, tourists will enter 8 1/2, The ToolBox, Craft and Social, The Speakeasy and other surprise locations. Guests are also encouraged to reserve a hotel stay at the Gardner Hotel for an added experience.

During the tour, guides from Ghosts915 will tell stories about love, murder, mayhem and humor regarding the spirits and ghosts they claim still lurk in the vicinity.

Although drinks are not provided by the organization, individuals are encouraged to buy drinks at each stop and every bar will offer good drink specials. No one under 21-years-old is allowed to attend this event, and all guests must have a valid photo ID before starting the tour.

All members who stay at the Gardner for the night will pay $15 for the tour, while others pay $20 per person. The event will span from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Ghosts915 encourages guests to reserve their spots on the tour by calling 915-274-9531.