UTEP cross country travels to NCAA Championships

Coming off their fifth place finish at the NCAA Mountain Regionals, the men’s cross country team will gear up for their most important meet this season at the NCAA Championship on Saturday, Nov. 19, in Terre Haute, Ind.

This is the third consecutive time that the Miners will compete in the NCAA Championships and their 18th appearance overall.

Head coach Paul Erang is very proud of his squad that has accomplished some prestigious things this year.

“It is very a big thing that the men were able to qualify for a third time in a row,” Ereng said in a press release. “Regionals was very competitive, and the completion level at nationals is going to be very deep, so I am happy that everyone is healthy and ready.”

The team aims to reach the top ten in the nation, especially after placing 11th overall last season.

“Our main goal is to see if we can get to the top-ten,” Ereng said. “It’ll be tough because everyone who qualified to this meet is going to be on top of their game, but even if we improve one spot up from last year, it will be a great accomplishment.”

Follow Adrian Broaddus on Twitter @adrian_broaddus