UTEP promotes scholarship with Durango partnership

UTEP President Diana Natalicio spoke to media after being named one of TIME Magazines list of the worlds 100 most influential people.
Amanda Guillen
UTEP President Diana Natalicio spoke to media after being named one of TIME Magazine’s list of the world’s 100 most influential people.

On Thursday, Nov. 4, President Diana Natalicio and the Governor of Durango, Mexico, Jose Rosas Aispuro, Ph.D, along with his fellow delegation, will sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to establish partnership between the government of Durango and UTEP.

The partnership will grant qualifying students from Mexico scholarships supported by Durango’s Department of Education. The qualifying students include both undergraduate and graduate students with an emphasis on students participating in master’s and doctoral studies. In exchange with the scholarship, UTEP has agreed to aid the students’ admission and enrollment process. Currently, more than two dozen students attend UTEP.

View Comments (1)
Amanda Guillen
Amanda Guillen, Editor-in-Chief
Amanda Guillen is a senior multimedia journalism major with a minor in women's studies. She was born and raised in El Paso, Texas and graduated from El Paso High School in 2011. She has been a part of The Prospector since summer 2013 and is currently Managing Editor. She has always had a passion for journalism and plans to become a television news reporter upon graduating from UTEP. In addition to being a full-time student and reporter, she is a part of two honor societies on campus, Alpha Lambda Delta and the National Society of Leadership and Success where she participates in community service regularly. Amanda also interns for KVIA Channel 7 the El Paso affiliate of ABC. Her love for the city of El Paso is something that led her to choose UTEP as her school of choice. She has enjoyed her past 3 years at the university and looks forward to an eventful school year.