Students get wet and wild on day three of school

Our View

Sophomore+kinesiology+major+Lukas+Znosko+makes+a+jump+from+the+water+slide+into+the+little+pool+on+the+third+day+of+school+at+the+Centennial+PLaza.+

Sophomore kinesiology major Lukas Znosko makes a jump from the water slide into the little pool on the third day of school at the Centennial PLaza.

Gaby Velasquez, Photo Editor

PHOTOS: On August 24th, the third day of Miner Welcome -Chill Fest- students enjoyed free fruitiki bars and attractions at the Centennial Plaza, hosted by The Office of Student Life. Students enjoyed each others company in a friendly competition on a inflatable obstacle course and the inflatable tug war. They were also able to go down an inflatable slide, cooling down in the midst of the late August heat.

For upcoming events, visit The Office of Student Life.

• Sophomore kinesiology major Lukas Znosko makes a jump from the water slide into the little pool on the third day of school at the Centennial PLaza.

• Junior education major Jessica Ingalls runs hoping to make the basket before her friend.

• Senior spanish major Levier Sanchez screams as she goes down the slide.

• Senior chemistry major Paul Nunez watches as sophomore mechanical engineering major Julio Rodriguez kicks the ball.

• Senior industrial engineering Erick Reyes laughs as he gets the ball into the net.

• Sophomore education major Nayeli Jimenez walks down the waterside after getting stuck.

• Freshman mechanical engineering Norma Nava goes down the slide.

• Senior chemistry major Paul Nunez concentrates in making sure the ball doesn't hit the floor.

• Freshman industrial engineering major Kahori Vidana holds her nose as she goes down the water slide.

• Freshman industrial engineering major Kahori Vidana throws the ball into the net.

• Junior criminal justice major America Vasquez screams as she's about to slide into the small pool at the end of the water slide.

• UTEP Alumni social work major Bridget Chacon kicks the ball to her friends.