Godzilla or King Kong?

It’s fresh, it’s healthy, but might hurt your pocket

El Paso is gradually keeping up with fitness trends and following a healthy meal plan. You frequently see fast food restaurants on every corner and might even be tired of constantly consuming these types of foods. However, buying burgers and fries with a large drink might be the most convenient meal to buy when you are on the go.

Mom’s Fresh Juice, originally The Juice Chick, started in a home kitchen in 2012 and has evolved into a full-fledged juice shop that started in November 2014. It serves original cold-pressed juice that is made in their shop for people to see.

Their main shop is located in the downtown area at 518 W. San Antonio Ave. suite C. Their second location is inside Just Fit Foods on 12115 Montwood Dr. suite 105.

As you walk inside Mom’s Fresh Juice’s main location you automatically feel a cool, calming vibe. To your left you’ll see two comfortable cushioned seats and a wooden table that welcomes you to sit as you sip your fresh juice.

Their friendly staff is attentive to your needs and asks you what you’d like. Once they hand you their menu they explain what each of their 16 cold pressed juices consist of and what their ingredients are good for. Their staff has good nutrition knowledge when it comes to explaining to their customers the best juice if you want to lose weight, cleanse your body for a week or if you’d like to start a healthy life style.

Some of their many cool pressed juices include, the “green-aid,” which  contains kale, cucumber, celery, parsley, apple, lemon and ginger-this is an all-around health boosting drink. You’ll feel energized, refreshed and filled with good feelings.

The “spicy lemon”, which has lemons, cayenne pepper, maple syrup and alkaline h20 is ideal for alkalizing your body, boosting your immunity, curbing your cravings and kick-starting your metabolism.

If you’d like to remove toxins and cleanse your liver, the “charcoal lemonade” is highly recommended, which includes activated charcoal, lemon, maple syrup and alkaline h20.

The most popular drink is the “golden girl”, a tropical blend that contains pineapple, apple, mint and chia seeds.

If you aren’t into juices, Mom’s Fresh Juice also contains three fresh blend and drinks that substitute milk. These drinks are “almond milk,” which have activated almonds, vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup, sea salt, alkaline h20. It is a great addition to any cleanse.

“Café con leche” is a creamy, smooth combo of cold brewed coffee, MF almond milk and maple syrup. It will spark up your day. Detox your digestive tract and freshen up your whole body with the “emerald water”, which has alkaline water, chlorophyll and mint oil.

Mom’s Fresh Juice staff created a seven-day cleanse package where customers can choose a pack of six juices. Customers are more than welcomed to call ahead of time and make their order a couple of days before their pick up. You are able to order more than six juices. These juices are not meant to treat, prevent diagnose or cure.

The juices are raw and have not been pasteurized and, therefore, may contain harmful bacteria that can cause serious illness in children, the elderly and persons with weakened immune systems. Always consult a physician if you need help determining whether raw juice is appropriate for you. Raw juice is highly perishable and should be consumed by the expiration date.

These juices are fresh and taste much like they are homemade, which they are and you may feel healthy right after consuming one juice. Yet, you may feel it is something you can make at home.  Each juice cost on average seven to nine dollars, which does not make the trip or wasting money worth it. If you have the time to go to a local grocery store and purchase these fruits, vegetables and follow the steps on how to create your own juices you will save yourself from having a financial burden in your pocket.

Kimberly Valle may be reached at [email protected].