Louisiana Tech crushes Charlotte 86-65

The winner of the last quarterfinal game tonight would have the difficult assessment of taking on the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles in the semifinals on Friday. That team would be the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs.

Louisiana Tech came out victorious in the final game of Friday night as they Bulldogs never left a doubt as to who was the better team was as they rolled past Charlotte by a score of 86-65.

The Bulldogs had a solid well-balanced scoring assault with four players in double figures.

They were led by junior forward Michale Kyser who scored a career high 20 points off of a 9-11 shooting performance. He also chipped in nine rebounds.

The Bulldogs shot just under 50 percent from the field tonight.

Charlotte went into the locker room down 10 and came out in the second half with a three, then the Bulldogs responded with a snappy little 13-2 run that the Bulldogs never looked back on. Their lead never went below double-digits from there on.

Luis Barrio may be reached @Luis_Barrio17 and [email protected].