The Sun City Digitalized by Duo

Digitalism+is+scheduled+to+perform+at+7+p.m.+on+march+1+at+the+Lowbrow+Palace.+
Special to The Prospector
“Digitalism” is scheduled to perform at 7 p.m. on march 1 at the Lowbrow Palace.

The German electronic duo Digitalism will perform for the first time in El Paso on March 1 at 7 p.m., at the Lowbrow Palace.

The group is known for their album “Idealism,” which was released in 2007, and for their hit songs “Pogo” and “2 Hearts.” Fans of Digitalism will expect to hear their vibrant, upbeat rhythms with electro-punk influences that are commonly heard on indie dance floors.

Israel Perez, freshman math major, has formed a new interest for Digitalism and hopes to see them perform live when they visit the city.

“My friend and I were talking about upcoming shows and they came up,” Perez said. “Their style is unique and I’m always interested in bands that are trying to do things that haven’t been done before.”

Their new single released on Jan. 21, “Fahrenheit 32” begins with a steady bass and progresses into an electric stream of beats, synthesized together for a dreamy sound.

Introduced as a new project for fans, “Fahrenheit 32” does not stray from Digitalism’s root sound, but has only expanded the creative barriers of what this band can do.

The duo’s visit to El Paso is part of their U.S. tour, and they are being brought to the city by Johnny Escalante, promoter and owner of J & K Present, who works with several agents, managers and artists in the El Paso region.

“We do shows and parties all over the city and attempt to bring cool music to the scene,” Escalante said.

Tickets for Digitalism are available through ticketfly.com.

For more information about Digitalism or to hear their latest work, visit soundcloud.com/digital_official or facebook.com/digitalism.

Lorain Watters may be reached at [email protected].