UTEP to host state of the border presentation

UTEP and the Borderplex Alliance will host a presentation of the State of the Border Report and discussion Friday, Sept. 6 at 3 p.m. in the UGLC room 128. The event is free and open to the public.

Erik Lee, associate director of the North American Center for Transborder Studies and Christopher Wilson, associate at the Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute, will present the report that was commissioned by the two organizations. It provides a comprehensive look at the state of affairs in the management of the U.S.-Mexico border and the border region, focusing on four core areas: trade and competitiveness, security, sustainability and quality of life.

After the presentation, Borderplex Alliance Chief Executive Officer Rolando Pablos will moderate a panel of border leaders who will discuss the report and border issues, as well as answer questions from the audience. Confirmed participants include Ian Brownlee, U.S. Consul General in Ciudad Juarez; Jacob Prado, Consul General of Mexico in El Paso and Diputado Gabriel Flores, Chihuahua State Congress and chair of the Border Legislative Conference.

The event is sponsored by UTEP, the Borderplex Alliance, the Border Legislative Conference, the Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute and the North American Research Partnership.

For further questions, contact Borderplex Alliance at 915-298-1000.

Information provided by University Communications.