Parking lot closures begin today for Minerpalooza

Lorain Watters, Assistant News Editor

Sept. 5 – Sept. 7, parking lots will begin to close in preparation for Minerpalooza. They include:

Perimeter Parking Lot P-9:
Thursday, Sept. 5 – the lot will be closed at 5:00 p.m. Permit holders may park in all Remote, Perimeter and Silver lots, or in the Sun Bowl or Schuster Parking Garages.
Friday, Sept. 6 – the lot will be closed for the entire day Friday until early Saturday morning. Permit holders may park in Silver 4 and 6, P-6 and P-7 and remote parking lots (R-2, R-3 and R-4)

Perimeter Parking Lot P-8:
Friday, Sept. 6 – the lot will be closed all day until early Saturday morning. Permit holders may park at Silver 4 and 6, P-6 and P-7 and remote parking lots (R-2, R-3 and R-4)

Miner Village:
Friday, Sept. 6 – permit holders who park on Robinson Street will be directed to park in P-12 beginning Friday morning at 6:00 a.m. through late Saturday evening to accommodate football game day shuttle services.
Permit holders who normally park or drive in these areas are encouraged to plan ahead to find alternative routes.

For questions regarding these parking lot closures, contact Parking and Transportation Services at 915-747-5724 or parking@utep.edu.

Information provided by Parking and Transportation Services.

About the Writer
Lorain Watters, Editor-in-chief Editor

Lorain Watters is a senior psychology and multimedia journalism major. She is currently the managing editor at The Prospector, previously holding the position...