The Sun City Girls: The first professional dance team in El Paso

Currently creating the first professional dance team to represent the city to  visitors; CBE, an Artist Management  Company, will be holding registration and auditions on Aug. 17 at Memorial Gym at 6.a.m.  They hope to find 32 talented and committed women, who will be part of the first season of the Sun City Girls Dance Team.

“We are welcoming hopefuls with open arms to be part of an organization that is comparable to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, LA Lakers and New York City Rockets,” said Richard Rivera Jr., CEO of CBE. “We are looking for the all-American girl image and that could be anybody, but most importantly someone who loves dancing, has confidence and a lot of poise.”

Girls who are interested in being part of the Sun City Girls (SCG)  Must  be at lest 18 years of age at the time of preliminary auditions, must be a high school graduate or have a GED reside in the El Paso/Las Cruces Area and have a reliable means of transportation. They must also be able to attend all rehearsals and have all necessary documentation to work in the country.

“The SCG will not only represent the highest quality team in the industry of professional dance, but these girls will represent physical fitness, strength, coordination, vitality and excitement-all qualities associated with the idea of the all-American Girl,” Rivera said.

According to Rivera, there will be three different rounds in which contestants will be required to learn a dance routine and the final selection will consist of 32 finalists.

“Although the 32 finalists will be signed for contract, only 16 will be active on city-wide events, not-for-profit events and personal appearances that will involve autograph signings,” Rivera said. “However, the other half of the finalists will still be under extensive training in dance and athletic technique and will have first picks on the next try outs. They will also be alternates and substitutes, meaning that they will replace a SCG who does not meet with the code of conduct on and off the field, or for any personal reasons. They will also be one step closer to become a SCG.”

CBE will be partnering up with the Ivy Salon and The City El Paso Magazine, who will dedicate a spread for the latest news and updates with the Sun City Girls,. CBE has also joined forces with Gym G to provide the girls with a personal trainer and proper nutrition to keep them in tip-top shape.

“On top of getting paid for scheduled performances, the 16 SCG will be provided with make up and hair needs to prepare them to look their best for every performance at no cost, courtesy of the Ivy Salon in which we have teamed up with as well,” Rivera said.

SCG will start their first season with the El Paso Rhinos in October 2013.

“This project is to promote and showcase the quality of life here in El Paso.We are also providing them with experience that will look good on their resume,” Rivera said. “Any girl who is does not have the professional dancing background, but loves to dance and is willing to show us their talent is welcome to come to the auditions.”

According to Sergio Lewis, El Paso County Commissioner, SCG will serve as role models as well as advocate for charities and non-profit organizations.

“The Sun City Girls will attract other citizens of this great nation to visit, work and live in the El Paso region, ultimately pursuing what they love to do,” Lewis said.

Interested participants will need to bring a one-page resume  and a $10 dollar application fee and comfortable exercise apparel. CBE will be providing a photographer on site to take pictures, but participants will have to pay a $20 fee.

For more information, visit thesuncitygirls.com or email [email protected].

Andrea Acosta may be reached at [email protected]