Annual César Chávez Day march ends in celebration

Over a hundred people gathered at the Centro De Los Trabajadores Agrícolas Fronterizos (Border Farmworker Center) in Segundo Barrio on Thursday for a César Chávez Day march through Downtown El Paso.

The march included a prayer service at Sacred Heart Church and ended at Armijo Park, where the crowd celebrated César Chávez day with live music and food.

Jasmine Aguilera may be reached at [email protected].

Jasmine Aguilera
Jasmine Aguilera, Editor-in-chief
Jasmine is a senior multimedia journalism major with a minor in anthropology. She began practicing journalism as a high school student when she joined the Tejano Tribune, El Paso Community College’s student newspaper. During her senior year she became the first ever high school student to become editor-in-chief of the Tribune. She moved on to join The Prospector team in the fall of 2011. Jasmine has covered national politics, immigration, poverty, human trafficking, refugees and more in her time holding various editorial positions at The Prospector and as an intern reporter at the Scripps Howard Foundation Wire and Gannett News Service, both in Washington, D.C. She aspires to become an international reporter and tell stories that do not receive the attention they deserve. Until then, she spends her time following the news and guiding a very talented team in reporting for a student audience and the El Paso community. She also enjoys a good book, art, music and the occasional Netflix binge (House of Cards and Breaking Bad remain her favorite).